1. Are you for or against the elimination of the local property tax?
Having fought against the introduction of the LPT, I fully support the abolition.
2. Are you for or against repealing the 8th Amendment?
For immediate repeal.
3. Are you for or against the creation of a directly elected mayor for the Dublin area, with greater powers over, housing, transport and revenue raising?
Supportive of a directly elected mayor answerable to the elected councillors.
4. Who should be responsible for setting minimum apartment standards, local authorities or the national government?
5. Are you for or against ending religious patronage of all schools?
For ending religious patronage of all schools
6. Are you for or against you support the provision of medically supervised injection centres in Dublin?
Totally against. Fund treatment rather than encouraging drug use.
7. Are you for or against giving asylum seekers the right to work?
Supportive of the right to work of asylum seekers.
8. What, if anything, should be done about Irish Water?
Immediate abolition and return of the service to local authorities.
9. Are you for or against the immediate introduction of a vacant-land levy in Dublin?
I would prioritise the immediate introduction of a vacant-land levy in Dublin
10. Are you for or against banning zero-hour employment contracts?
Immediate ban on zero-hour employment contracts and other forms of precarious employment.
11. Are you for or against ending unvouched expenses for TDs and councillors?
Of course, who wouldn’t be!!
12. Are you for or against bringing in a new system of independent building inspections carried out by government inspectors to ensure that buildings are built to code?
I believe this is an absolute necessity.
In preparation for 26 February, we asked candidates running in Dublin for their views on a dozen issues. You can read what all the candidates had to say here.