1. Are you for or against the elimination of the local property tax?
It’s a red-line issue for Sinn Fein. We won’t enter a government that won’t abolish the family-home tax.
2. Are you for or against repealing the 8th Amendment?
I favour repealing the 8th Amendment and will campaign on this issue.
3. Are you for or against the creation of a directly elected mayor for the Dublin area, with greater powers over, housing, transport and revenue raising?
We support the creation of a directly elected mayor for Dublin.
4. Who should be responsible for setting minimum apartment standards, local authorities or the national government?
The government should set minimum standards, with councils having the right to add to those standards but never reduce them.
5. Are you for or against ending religious patronage of all schools?
I and SF want to end religious patronage and create education for all children.
6. Are you for or against the provision of medically supervised injection centres in Dublin?
I support these centres, which provide safety and care for vulnerable people.
7. Are you for or against giving asylum seekers the right to work?
We favour asylum seekers having the right to work and want to see an end to the scandal of direct provision.
8. What, if anything, should be done about Irish Water?
Irish water should be abolished and water charges with them.
9. Are you for or against the immediate introduction of a vacant-land levy in Dublin?
I favour the immediate introduction in order to stop speculation and encourage development. They should not be levying on council lands, which could be used for social housing though.
10. Are you for or against banning zero-hour employment contracts?
Zero-hour contracts are an affront to the very notion of decent work and workers’ rights and should be banned.
11. Are you for or against ending unvouched expenses for TDs and councillors?
Unvouched expenses should be ended and expenses generally should be reduced.
12. Are you for or against bringing in a new system of independent building inspections carried out by government inspectors to ensure that buildings are built to code?
Sinn Fein wants to establish an Office of Planning Regulator to independently ensure quality and safety in construction.
In preparation for 26 February, we asked candidates running in Dublin for their views on a dozen issues. You can read what all the candidates had to say here.